Friday, December 18, 2009

Introduction


The city skyline seems to embrace her people like a mother holding her baby. Cradling the babe to protect and shelter it from all things evil. Now why couldn't that be the how we all felt about living in the city? The concrete jungles of the world. Instead, it can be a very misleading lifestyle living in the mecca of hustle and bustle of a city that never sleeps. Forgiving and protective it is not.

I am Grace Musse, a corporate femme fatale that calls New York City home. Not only do I call the "City" home, but this is where I work, socialize and saturate myself in its dirty chicness. I use to believe that you weren't somebody unless you live, sleeped and breathed the city. Well, at least until now. I am living the dream of many back home that never made it out. Not only do I hold female prestige in the firm I call my money tree, but I am single, live in a dramatic loft in Soho in which I purchased before lofts were the "it" place to reside. Now we have the celebrities and solicalites that will need to drop their platinum pennies on a loft half the size where I was able to shop with the old fashion copper ones. I drench myself in all things trendy, friends that share the same common interests of art, nightlife, theatre, mingling with the who's who, and believe in the rule of always leading the hunt and never being the prey.

Lately, I find myself drifting off into what some call a "daydream". Another world in ones mind where you get to play make-believe with your life. I think that instead of being called a daydream in my imaginary world, it should be called a "what if?". I have been wonder more often about my life and the "what if's" that I have been collecting. I think that we all go through this at sometime over the years, but, mine seems to almost bring my daydreaming to reality. I feel like I could close my eyes and reach out and touch the thoughts I have been hording in my head. As if swimming in my own pool of dreams and lately the temperature has been near perfect.

I was born Grace Emily Musse on October 13, 1969 to Caroline and George Musse in a small farm community in Michigan. Once know for the acres and acres of farmland, antique shops, hometown family living and week long Red Cedar Jubilee. Now, it is just a sleepy farm community that is perched between Lansing and Detroit. We lived just outside the metropolis of Williamston on Linn Road where my family owned a small farm. Growing up was pretty typical and consisted of waking before the sun, summers filled with all the glorious scents of a farm on a steamy eighty degree day and dreams of getting far away from the country. It is not that I hated my life growing up, I just knew I wanted more. My room was covered with pages from Cosmo and Elle and that is what I dreamed about all my life. Not coffee tables covered in the Farmers Almanac or watching reruns of hunting and fishing shows. Funny how I feel as if life is on a train turnstile, you know the rotating one track that assist a train or cable car to shift direction. That is how my life has felt to me and the feeling seems to be growing stronger now then ever.

Now that you know a little about me I am going to take you on journey. My journey of what happens when one day you wake and realize that the life you have worked so hard to build might not be the life you really wanted to create in the first place. So if you are ready, please sit back, fasten you seat belt and keep arms, hands and legs inside the car at all time, because this is going to be one hell of a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment